Wednesday, February 23, 2011

you say im crazy, i say im a Navy Wife.

So... a little update on my life. Obliviously my Husband is deployed(it explains the me being *extra* bitchy.) Well to prepare of this stupid wonderful deployment I had to pack up my entire apartment, mostly by myself because Wes worked up until the night before he deployed, how thoughtful of the navy huh? I hate cleaning, well normal everyday stuff i dont complain about, but you normally wouldn't catch me me patching holes and painting and scrubbing baseboards.  So I hired movers, moved all the furniture out of our bedroom so my hubby can sleep while they move our stuff... They were late.. super late and i was starting to get worried that i was going have to move the furniture to our storage unit. Eventually they showed up, and they complained the entire time. The next day Wes deployed.. it was probably the hardest night of my life. the next day i turned over my key to the apartment and prepared to make a huge move.. 2100 miles across the country... Alone.. with a baby.. and a dog. 1 speeding ticket, 4 days, 1 case of the dog getting explosive diarrhea all of the backseat, a few breakdowns, several meltdowns from maddie not wanting to stay in her carseat, eating at cracker barrel WAY too many times, probably 24 hours worth of listening to Yo Gabba Gabba on pandora to keep M&M happy, a few shitty hotel rooms and I made it. Although im pretty sure i lost my sanity somewhere in Tennessee. I got a shoebox sized apartment, 300sq feet to share between said baby and dog. (* Update, baby now would like to inform me she is not a baby she is a toddler) and moved to Texas, all in the name of saving money. Babysitter is now free thanks to my family, rent is about 1000 dollars cheaper each month, And i can eat as much *real* mexican food as i could ever want. Yep thats right now more yucky Sweet red sauce like they have in Virginia, i get to be in tears while eating my meal here. Just the way i like it :) Were now 41 42 days into this deployment, (okay its 11:30 so its technically 41 days but give a girl a break!) As horrible as the trip to texas was, as CRAZY as it was im glad i made it because of the penny pinching we will be completely(or pretty darn close) debt free when this deployment is over, and that is really something to be happy about.
Goodnight.
BTW, i have decided to take up knitting or crochet.. go me!

No comments:

Post a Comment