Friday, February 25, 2011

Things I am sick of hearing.

This post is just a rant, please ignore if you wish :)

Things I'm sick of hearing from other people.

10. I dont know how you do it, I would NEVER be a military wife.
Lets just be happy that my husband serves our country so yours doesnt get drafted, and just incase he does let me know when this phrase annoys the crap out of you too. I fell in love with my husband for the man he is, not his job.

9. Will he be home for his birthday/my birthday/ our wedding anniversary/ other important days of your life?
No. Come on now do you watch the news? Our military doesnt get to come home for important events in our individual lives If that was the case I can promise you that we wouldnt have a strong military presence around the world and in war zones.

8. My husband is going out of town for a week on a business trip, I can totally relate.
Umm, No you cant.

7.  Dont you miss sex?
Uh where is your filter? Of course I miss sex, but you learn quickly that strong lasting relationships are built on more then just a sex life.

6. My husband is deployed too.. on a pretty island, where there is no threat of danger, we get to talk everyday, Skype all the time, and I have little/ no worry of his safety.. then I complain that I dont get to speak to him enough or i  need him home.
This is the military wife that I hate. Take a moment to think of us who dont get photos, phone calls, emails for days on end and then count your blessing and stop complaining.

5. Im pregnant!
Screw you. At least announce it to everybody but not me, I simply cant handle dealing with ANOTHER person rubbing salt in my wounds.. ( yes im happy for you, but announcing it the day you find out because you have no worry of yet another miscarriage  really annoys the crap out of me. Ill be nice to your face but just know your not on my favorite person list right now. Sorry for any this may offend, you get kinda bitchy dealing with what were going through )

4. Oh you must miss him huh??
This is a no brainer dummy. I only have a blue star banner on my car, along with a million other support stickers, cry all the time, and glued to my phone, but I dont miss him at all... can you smell the sarcasm? Any military wife who doesnt miss her husband probably wont stay married for long.

3. Your used to deployment by now, it shouldnt bother you.
You never get used to being away from the love of your life, it might be a week or 6 months it still sucks.

2. When are you going to give Maddie a baby Brother or Sister??
When I immaculately conceive ill be sure to tell you first!... Uh, lets see when my husband is on the complete opposite side of the world, its kinda hard to get your baby making on. ( see #7) And if you have any compassion at all, you should NEVER EVER ask this question knowing somebody has had some serious trouble staying pregnant.

1. Arnt you scared he is going to get killed?
Well arnt you afraid im going to punch you in the face?
People dont use their brains.
 To answer this question, Yes, I'm terrified, When I dont get a email soon enough thoughts start racing in my head and I just pray I dont have 2 men in uniform knocking on my door. If I dwell on this then this deployment will go by ten times slower and I probably would lose that last little ounce of sanity that I am clinging on to. Thanks for bringing it up... Ill just spend the next week in bed eating 5 gallons of blue bell ice cream.

Well that is my top ten list, which if I meet another idiot nice person who cant shut up this list is subject to grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment